When I build your wordpress website, I make sure we reflect personal goals and brand identity for your business. The first step is to contact IKARUS Solutions for an initial meeting about the scope of your web project. I will ask questions about your needs, what type of web sites you like and educate you on what to think about when choosing a web site template or in using a graphic designer to create something from scratch. Based on the scope of the project I will then give you a quote for designing and implementing your web site.
The following are typical steps in building a web site for a client:
- Client Interview
- Quote provided to the client, with optional services
- Content gathering: images and text
- Optional: graphic designer goes through iterations of site designs
- Optional: photography to support the text: lifestyle and/or team portraits
- Installation of WordPress on client host account
- Selection of a WordPress theme to fit client needs (if not doing a custom design)
- Installation of theme and demo content
- Setting up pages for the site with content and images
- Writing an instruction manual for the client – how to add posts and pages to their theme
- Web site maintenance is an optional service
If you have any comments or questions, please email me, or strike up a conversation on Twitter – I’m @ozlady.